Anyone seeking to identify the most appropriate funds for their project or organisation should use reputable training providers. Such providers will have a knowledgeable team of trainers and consultants on hand to help those working in the public and voluntary sectors to apply for funding – whether that be generic bid writing skills, responding to tender opportunities, effective research proposals or European funding.
If you are seeking training on how to identify the most relevant funds for your project; submit winning grant applications; or become more familiar with funding offered by the EC, make sure that you engage a team of knowledgeable trainers and consultants can help.
Types of Course You Should Be Seeking Out
- Get Grant Ready: Funding for Beginners – New to fundraising? Feeling out of your depth? Don’t despair! Our new “Get Grant Ready – Funding for Beginners” can guide you through.
- Get Grant Ready: Funding for Beginners eLearning – Interested in our Get Grant Ready course, but would prefer an online training session? Try our elearning version of ‘Get Grant Ready – Funding for Beginners’ and have an online training programme sent directly to your computer to be completed at your own convenience.
- Bid writing workshop – This training course will provide delegates with practical bid writing techniques, enabling them to produce focused proposals, increase their success rates and win new resources for their organisation.
- Effective Tender Writing: An Introduction to Tenders – Effective tender writing is ideal for staff in voluntary and public sector organisations who wish to improve the skills and confidence they need in responding to first-stage contracting opportunities.
- Effective Research Proposals – This training course will provide early and mid-career academic staff with the skills to write more effective research proposals for Research Council and Innovate UK programmes.
- Funding Steps into Europe – This event offers an accessible introduction to the funding available directly from Europe and covers key topics aimed at guiding projects and organisations through to European success.
- Masterclass in Funding – This course has been designed to meet the specific needs of voluntary groups, charities, CVS and schools/academies, as well as charitable arms of organisations such as housing associations, hospitals and police and fire services.
- Funding in Action – This course has been designed to cover the key principles of funding practice and is dedicated to supporting organisations on their funding journeys.
- An introduction to European funding – “An introduction to European funding” is an ideal initiation for anyone who is new to the workings of the EC and who is considering applying for the first time for funding direct from Europe.
- Applying for and managing European funding – Trainers run a number of courses designed for people who are applying for funding or managing European projects.
- An Introduction to Horizon 2020 Training – This course concentrates on the areas covered by the EC’s new programme for research and innovation 2014-2020. It will explain how to identify relevant policy drivers, as well as how to identify partners and understand the principles of a good work plan.
CPD Certification Service
You are also advised to utilise a certified member of the CPD Certification Service. This means that the further learning value and structure of their training courses has been approved as conforming to CPD guidelines.
CPD Certification Service providers are committed to ensuring:
- Their marketing information and course material is easy to understand.
- Learning outcomes are specified.
- Delegates receive follow-on support after the course has taken place.
- High-quality training where the content of the course is always appropriate for the audience.
- Their material is updated to reflect changing needs.