Funding news - 17/03/2017
Social Entrepreneurs Programme 2017/18 Invites Applications
The Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland’s School for Social Entrepreneurs Programme is inviting applications from across the UK for its 2017/18 programme.
Entering its fifth year the Social Entrepreneurs Programme offers a free learning programme to support start up social enterprises or those who want to scale up their projects. To date, the programme has supported 1,300 social entrepreneurs with plans to support another 260 in 2017/18.
The programme, which runs from October to October, offers a place on a fully funded year of learning in different locations around the country, mentoring, and the support of a community of people who run social and environmental projects.
The programme offers the following strands:
- Start Up – Grants of up to £3,000 for projects in the planning stages, but ready to start or less than two years old. The project income should be between £0 and £14,999. This programme will support personal development and business skills development to help turn projects or project ideas into a reality.
- Trade Up - Grants of up to £5,000 for projects established at least one year ago and have at least one paid member of staff. The project income should be more than £15,000 a year. This strand is for those who are planning to grow and increase their trading income.
- Scale Up - Grants of up to £10,000 for established organisations with projects established two or more years ago and with two or more paid staff. The project income should be more than £75,000. This strand is for those that are looking to take their operations to the next level. This programme will equip applicants with the tools to develop their enterprise further and maximise its social impact.
There is no cost at any point to successful applicants as Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland and Big Lottery Fund have funded every place and grant on this programme.
The 2017/18 programme, which runs from October to October, is being delivered in eight locations. There are no catchment areas and only 14 learning days which means that anyone who is willing to travel to one of the following locations may attend the programme. Applications will be accepted from anywhere in the UK.
The Scale Up programme will run in London.
The Trade Up programme will run in:
- North West (from Liverpool).
- South West (from Cornwall).
- South & London (from London).
The Start Up programme will run in:
- Scotland (Edinburgh).
- East Midlands.
- West Midlands.
- London Plymouth.
A series of taster sessions will be held in different locations (from 23 March to 20 April) in order to provide information and guidance on applying to the programme. Further details can be found on the programme's website
The deadline for all applications to the programme is 26 April 2017 (1pm).
Full details can be found on the School for Social Entrepreneurs website
Source: School for Social Entrepreneurs, 17/03/207